Our Screening Criteria
1. Occupancy is based on the number of bedrooms in a unit. (A bedroom is defined as a space within the premises that is used primarily for sleeping, with at least one window and a closet for clothing.)
2. Two persons are allowed per bedroom.
1. Each applicant will be required to qualify individually or as per specific criteria areas.
2. Inaccurate or falsified information will be grounds for denial of the application.
3. Any applicant currently using illegal drugs will be denied. If approved for tenancy and later illegal drug use is confirmed, eviction shall result.
4. Any individual whose tenancy may constitute a direct threat to the health and safety of any individual, the complex, or the property of others, will be denied tenancy.
1. Monthly income should be equal to three times stated rent, and must be from a verifiable, legal source.
1. Twelve months of verifiable employment will be required of used as source of income.
2. Self-employed applicants will be verified through state corporation commission, and may be required to submit the previous year
1. Twelve months of verifiable contractual rental history from a current third party landlord or home ownership is required.
2. Three years of eviction-free history is required.
3. Three or more non-payment of rent notices within one year will result in denial of the application.
4. Three or more dishonored checks within one year will result in denial of the application.
5. Rental history reflecting past due and unpaid rent will result in denial of the application.
1. Negative or adverse debt showing on consumer credit report may require additional security deposits.
2. Three or more unpaid collections (not related to medical expenses) will result in denial of the application.
Criminal Conviction Criteria
Upon receipt of the rental application and screening fee, Owner/Agent will conduct a search of public records to determine whether the applicant or any proposed tenant has been convicted of, or pled guilty to or no contest to, any crime.
Any of the following shall be grounds for denial of the rental application:
a) A conviction, guilty plea or no contest plea for any felony involving serious injury, kidnapping, death, arson, rape, sex crimes and/or child sex crimes, extensive property damage or drug-related offenses (sale, manufacture, delivery or possession with intent to sell), or Class A felony burglary or Class A felony, robbery; or
b) A conviction, guilty plea or no contest plea , where the date of disposition, release or parole has occurred within the last seven years, for: any other felony charges; or
c) A conviction, guilty plea or no contest plea, where the date of disposition, release or parole has occurred within the last seven years, for: any misdemeanor or gross misdemeanor involving assault, intimidation, property damage, weapons charges or that is sex-related or drug-related (sale, manufacture, delivery or possession with intent to sell); or
d) A conviction, guilty plea or no contest plea, where the date of disposition, release or parole has occurred within the last three years, for: any B or C misdemeanor in the above categories or those involving criminal trespass I, theft, dishonesty, or prostitution.
Pending charges or outstanding warrants for any of the above will result in a suspension of the application process until the charges are resolved. Upon resolution, if an appropriate unit is still available, the processing of the application will be completed. No unit will be held awaiting resolution of pending charges.